Thursday, March 13, 2014

Movie Poster Analysis







http://www.impawards.com/2013/posters/only_god_forgives_ver6.jpg


 The movie poster Nicholas Winding Refn's 'Only God Forgives' is one of my favorites. The coloring on it is really nice, with a sort of neon feel to it, to go along with the title being stylized as a neon sign. It also fits with the movie being set in Bangkok where a lot of bright lights and typical "big city" features are. I also really enjoy the tattoo sort of overlay in the back that looks really similar to the pop-culture Asian art style. Overlaying all the coloring onto Ryan Gosling's profile is a nice touch too, since a lot of poster designs don't do that, which causes the composition to be that much weaker.

NOTE: I apparently left this in my drafts folder for a couple weeks without bothering to hit publish, figured I would put it up now in case I might still be able to get credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment